Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hurricane Irene in NYC

There is a ton of storm talk now all over the east cost.  The storm looks like a huge one and we will see what the blast brings on Sunday.  I'm going to ride it out and see what interesting photo opps present themselves, while not being too cavalier of course.
Flashlights are sold out all over town as well as batteries.  Lucky for me since 9-11 I've had my Go Bag ready and a few days without power will not be fun - but I can get through it without any major hassles except the melting of my ice cream.
Here are some early shots and the weather pattern in the area as it evolves.  Updates over the next 24hrs or so.
Friends buying supplies!

Getting ready to apply the wood

The Bentley's are safe!


Bird Houses tied down on the Highline!

Grocery Checkout

Preparations

Shelves emptying out.



Sunset Friday night before the storm.



Batteries almost sold out!


2 comments:

  1. Times Square didn't get nailed as hard as downtown or Brooklyn, but it looks wet enough. Eastern Canada is getting it today.

    Brian, did you really have a Fuji X10 in Times Square, or is that a typo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy - I wrote I had an F10 - not X10.

    ReplyDelete

A Quick Look at the 1972 Hasselblad 500C/M

Just a few snaps of the awesome and durable 500C/M.