Thursday, August 11, 2011

Random Camera Shots for Comparison

It was a quiet day on the camera front and the sun was shining so I decided to gather eight cameras and make one shot with each and see what I thought of each.  They were all set in Program.  I've done this on an earlier post with a few cameras and here is a different scene.  There really is quite a difference from a $200 camera to a $2500 camera.  As there should be!  Click them to enlarge if you like.  
So then I ask myself - what's the point?  Well I like to tell people they should buy a camera based on what feels good in your hand and your budget - but the image sensor does of course play a part - but not every detail is critical to every photographer (talking basic consumer here not pro).  Some want a super zoom - some want super compact - some want water resistant etc.  My guess is that to most basic users these all look virtually identical - but to a more sophisticated user there are dramatic performance differences.








1 comment:

  1. Well, I for one am curious which image is from which. For colors and overall scene I like 7 best, but resolution wise number 2 is definitely the best. I also really like number 3.

    It's interesting because you don't provide any information, I just can't really "judge" with what I think I know about cameras. Each of these shots would print very similarly at a small size, but I bet there is a huge price difference.

    ReplyDelete

A Quick Look at the 1972 Hasselblad 500C/M

Just a few snaps of the awesome and durable 500C/M.