Friday, August 19, 2011

Weekly Email 8-19-11 Economic Reflections

I watched the market turmoil unfold and decided it was time for a walk in the neighborhood.  I've always tried to correlate the things I see in my travels to market stability and the overall economic outlook.  Keeping this in a very subjective macro outlook I see more and more people having a hard time making a go of it.


While passing by the fountain in Washington Square I saw two simple scenes which show a bit of what's happening out there.  A tourist is fixing her make up for a photo while a man is showering in the fountain (it was about 7pm).  Another guy was sleeping while life went on around him and no one really knows if he is getting up anytime soon.
Interesting times we are heading through.  Life and economics go through cycles and I hope you are having a good summer. 


The last image is the pleasing view of the bay.  This is calming and enjoyable.  Click to enlarge.


Have a good weekend.


Guy - ISO 400 - F/2.5 @ 1/150th
Girl - ISO 400 - F/9 @ 1/60th





No comments:

Post a Comment

A Quick Look at the 1972 Hasselblad 500C/M

Just a few snaps of the awesome and durable 500C/M.