Friday, March 04, 2011

Weekly Email 3-4-11 Two Photo Options

As most people know already, I carry a camera with me everywhere.  You never know when you are going to capture a neat shot and that's part of the fun in life for me.  So last night at a gallery event I captured a bunch of images and when reviewing them I thought I'd share two and see what folks think of a mess-up and a good grab.

The color shot is a good lesson in what not to do.  Even if pressed up against a wall - try not to shoot a group with an  ultra-wideangle lens.  This was shot around 18mm and it's just not right.  Anyone else distracted by the "look"?  Ok the matching purples on each end help - but otherwise - no good!

The B&W image is what excites me.  To get a nice quick shot that gives a bit more expression and isn't posed.  So remember not all your images have to be of people looking at you and saying cheese.

Color Image - Canon 5DII - 1/60 @ f/5 at ISO 800

B&W Image FinePix X100 - 1/60 @ f/2.0 at ISO 1600

1 comment:

A Quick Look at the 1972 Hasselblad 500C/M

Just a few snaps of the awesome and durable 500C/M.