Friday, April 27, 2012

Weekly Email - 4-27-12 - It's A Helluva Town!

New York City never disappoints me.  Anytime you fall into a lull and think you've seen it all, a winning moment waits around the corner.

The other day while walking to the subway at Union Square around 8:15am a woman in an incredibly short skirt crossed in front of me on what I will assume was her "stride of pride" (aka walk of shame).  She was clearly uncomfortable in her last night's outfit.  Well no sooner could I lift my camera to my hip while walking did a man walking towards us glance her way.  It was a lucky shot and I didn't realize how well I caught his glance until I looked at the image on the Mac later that evening. 

This is further proof of my feeling to always have a camera with me since you just never know what pops out in front of you.



Now which version do we like better?  The black and white or color?

Fujifilm X-Pro1 with 18mm lens ISO 1000 - F/5.6 @ 1/400th


9 comments:

  1. I'm with Jerome -- both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Jerome -- both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:33 PM

    Black and White...very Fifty Shades!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man that's an ugly SUV...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black and white for sure! (the color's pretty good too though...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:34 PM

    Can't decide... -- both !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:45 PM

    Black and white by far. Colours (street, windows) divert us from the subjects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the imagine. Personally would crop it left side up to front wheel of car. It's a bit distracting.

    ReplyDelete

A Quick Look at the 1972 Hasselblad 500C/M

Just a few snaps of the awesome and durable 500C/M.