Wednesday, February 05, 2014

NYC Slush Streets Jumping

With every decent snow in NYC comes the inevitable melt, leading to slush in the streets. 
On the way home today I came across a large puddle of slush in which everyone took a pause.  There is something foreboding about a large dark icy puddle where you just don't know what the next step will be like.
I had my Fujifilm XQ1 with me and shot 412 pics over a 50 mins period.  I was captivated by the actions of all the New Yorkers I saw.  Each took a different approach to the water.  Should I make a jump - tip toe - avoid - hope for the best???
The XQ1 is a great pocket camera with a large sensor.  Yes all those shots were on one battery in the cold.  More info on it can be found here:  http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_xq1/
Here are some of the local folks in action!
 
 I think this guy gave up - he prob has dry feet - but definitely wet pants.
Here is a graceful dismount after a puddle jump!




 This guy was definitely not dressed right for the day and now has wet socks and shoes.


 Mom crushes it with her baby!
 Not a good choice of shoes for the day!
 Kids play with the thought on how to cross.
 Debating the next step/





 Here's how you can make a few bucks - shuttle people with the wrong shoes over the mess!



 I was surprised how many people wore sneakers out for the day.  Now maybe they were going to the gym - but didn't all look like it. 


 Chivalry is alive and well - I think.
 Even a billionaire with cowboy boots has to turn back and walk down to the next block. 
Follow me on Instagram @brnyc or on Twitter @brandonremler
I am an employee of FUJIFILM North America Corporation.
The statements, comments and opinions expressed here represent my own, personal views and are not endorsed by, or affiliated in any way with, FUJIFILM North America Corporation or its affiliates.
bremler@fujifilm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Quick Look at the 1972 Hasselblad 500C/M

Just a few snaps of the awesome and durable 500C/M.