Thursday, September 18, 2014

Shooting the World Trade Center Twin Beams






Last week as I drove home I decided to pop by the Brooklyn East River shore and shoot the skyline with the light beams for 9-11.  Of course it just happened to be 9-11-14 so I wasn't the only one with that idea.  Here are some snaps from the evening.
  Here you can see the crowds around the shoreline shooting.  I would guess there were about 200 people taking photos with all sorts of gear!
 I popped on the XF10-24 lens for an ultra-wide view of the sky.  A crisp clear night with the beams disappearing into space.  Most of the other shots were done with my X-T1 and the XF56mm.

 I decided to play around with a double exposure - one in focus and one out of focus led to this effect.
 Ok this is where it got interesting.  As I walked back to my car I saw this great scene popping through the fence so I shot a few frames.  Something caught my eye and I was bothered by the light flare happening all over the frame!  Note the center spots and the upper right flare.  This is not something I am willing to endure.  So I took a look at my lens and immediately took off my B&W filter and all was clear!  Wow!

 I love this shot of some tourists who thought the whole park was closed and tried to get a shot through a tear in the tarp.  I shared the location around the corner and off they went.
PS- Thanks for reading down this far.  Yes I dropped the full moon in the top shot.  It is impossible to see the moon rise from Brooklyn looking west towards NYC.  So I took some liberty....
 

Follow me on Instagram @brnyc or if you like twitter too @brandonremler

I am an employee of FUJIFILM North America Corporation.
The statements, comments and opinions expressed here represent my own, personal views and are not endorsed by, or affiliated in any way with, FUJIFILM North America Corporation or its affiliates.
bremler@fujifilm.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Quick Look at the 1972 Hasselblad 500C/M

Just a few snaps of the awesome and durable 500C/M.